Thursday, September 16, 2010

Embracing the Blog!

This past summer I worked at my local museum and one of my duties as a summer student was to contribute to the museum's blog. I felt it was a waste of time and begrudgingly wrote my blogs. Therefore, when we were given this assignment I initially had the same reaction.

However, when I was thinking about what I was going to write for my blog entry this week, I realized that the task of writing a blog was not meant to be a chore but instead an outlet. What comes to mind is what Knight said about private writing. While this blog is not private per se, it does serve as a place to contemplate my ideas and to gain feedback, which Knight stressed. Therefore, instead of dreading to write these blogs, I have decided to look at them as an outlet and sounding board for my ideas. So as the title of this blog states, I have embraced the blog and am excited for the opportunities for growth and knowledge that lay ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment